Monday, August 30, 2010

Here is some of Spencer's Latest email.

Dear Family
Thanks for the email and the letters, and thanks Sam for the picture everyone who's seen it has been very impressed. I'm doing alright here I've had a bad cold since Sunday but I'm feeling better now. The MTC has had its ups and downs yesterday was really bad I was feeling like I just couldn't do it but this morning has been better. I got Erica's letter which helped. As much as I want to get out of the MTC I'm starting to wish I had more time to get ready for the field,but I guess wishing isn't going to help. We had Elder Holland come and talk to us on Wednesday he was incredible. He pointed out some things all missionaries need to do better in. I just cant believe I'm leaving on Monday I'm exited but super nervous. Well I hope everyone is doing good, I miss you all ,oh happy birthday Paige sorry I missed it. Mom could you send me a list of birthdays.
Love, Elder Norton

Spencer also sent a letter recently.

In his letter he wrote about a Devotional where Elder Gonzales and his wife spoke. Sister Gonzales told the missionaries in her talk "Don't worry about what you can do or what you can't do, because this work is not about you." Spencer said this really helped him and he is trying to follow her advice. He had his first appointment last Wed. he said it went better then he expected. Teaching is still hard for him but he is trying hard to get involved in the discussion and push himself out of his comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment